Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals
Make an Enquiry
Consistent with our Diocese, the Acting Rector and Churchwardens of St. John’s are suspending all public worship, events and Op Shop Sales until further notice.
Please click below for the COVID-19 Messages from the Churchwardens, and note that we cannot accept Op Shop donations at this time.
Holy Week and Easter Services – Livestreaming
Holy Week Communion: 7:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Order of Service for Monday 7.30pm
- Order of Service for Tuesday 7:30pm
- Order of Service for Wednesday 7.30pm
Maundy Thursday: 7:30 pm Communion
Good Friday: 9:00 am Stations of the Cross and Ante-Communion
Easter Saturday: 7:30 pm Easter Vigil
Easter Sunday: 10:00 am Festal Eucharist
Instructions on accessing the Facebook livestream (available 24/7 after the initial livestream), even if you do not have a Facebook account:
- Open Facebook.com on your browser
- Facebook will ask you to Create New Account; you can ignore this (you may need to click on the “Not Now” button), then
- Click on “Pages” at the bottom middle of the page
- Enter “St Johns Gordon” in the “search for pages” box at the top right and hit the Enter key
- St Johns should be the top choice – click on it and you’re in!
- Services may be viewed live, or at any time thereafter. Scroll down through the postings until you find the service you want to view.
- Click here to access archived Orders of Service
Nomination Process Has Begun For The New Rector of St John’s, Gordon
With the elevation of Father Keith to be the fifth Bishop of The Murray in South Australia, the nomination process has commenced for the selection of the eleventh Rector of St John’s, Gordon. The process for selection is laid out by the Diocese and can be searched at https://www.sds.asn.au
Whilst the Nominators will keep the parish informed of progress in general terms, the nomination process is, of necessity, for the privacy of the candidates, confidential and they ask for your patience in the coming months. However they do welcome any suggested names of candidates provided to them in confidence by parishioners. Everyone is encouraged to make known such recommendations directly to the Parish Nominators, particularly in the early months of the process.
The Nominators and Wardens also ask that:
- We pray for our Interim Rector-in-Charge Father Ernest Chau and the Ministry team that will be continuing our Parish Mission and pastoral work that they will find strength and purpose in their work as we prepare for our next era;
- We give thanks to God for the ministry of Father Keith and his family over the last 14½ years and that their future episcopal role will be endowed with God’s grace and wisdom in their mission in the Diocese of The Murray; and
- We also pray that the Nominators will be blessed with God’s guidance, wisdom and perception and act with unified purpose in their search for our new Rector at St John’s.
Prayer at the Time of Choosing an Incumbent
Bountiful God, give to this parish a faithful pastor who will faithfully speak your word and minister your sacraments; an encourager who will equip your people for ministry and enable us to fulfil our calling. Give to those who will choose, wisdom, discernment and patience, and to us give warm and generous hearts, for the sake of your son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
written by our former Rector, Father Bill Weston
God our Father, send your Holy Spirit upon the people of this parish. Give us a greater love for all. Make us more compassionate for the sick, the lonely and all in need, more zealous in the inspiration of the young, more concerned about the wider mission of the Church and more generous in our giving of service and money. Help each one of us to know what we ought to do and give us strength and courage faithfully to do it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen