St. John’s Op Shop has conducted regular sales for many years and is widely known in the local community and beyond for offering an excellent choice and range of quality household goods and clothing at very reasonable prices. It is also valued by the parish and the community as a place to donate goods surplus to needs.
THE OP SHOP IS NOT OPEN EVERY DAY – it holds two sales per month, usually the second and last Saturdays of the month, from 9:00AM to 12:00 Noon.
Good quality donations may be dropped off at almost any time – not on sale days or the day before, please – and left on the donations table outside the Op Shop.
Donations you wish to place directly in the hands of Op Shop workers may be brought Tuesday mornings and Thursday mornings, when they gather to price and sort.
The Op Shop is full for books just now – and please, no furniture.
2024 Op Shop Sale Days
January 13 and 27 — February 10 and 24 — March 9 and 23 — April 13 and 27 — May 11 and 25 — June 8 and 29 — July 13 and 27 — August 10 and 31 — September 14 and 28 — October 12 (Annual Church Fete) and 26 — November 9 and 30 — December 14
The Op Shop is entirely staffed with volunteers. Additional volunteers are are sought to help on Tuesdays and Thursdays with sorting and pricing, and on sale days for a variety of roles. Inquire at the Op Shop on Tuesdays or Thursdays, their sorting and pricing days.
Strong support comes from parishioners and the wider community through donations of goods. Donations of high-quality, clean clothing, housewares, toys, linens, and books are gratefully received, as are small appliances in good working order. Donations may be left on the tables outside the Op Shop at any time – but we ask that you do not leave donations on sale days or the day before a sale. Volunteers are typically working on Tuesday and Thursday mornings should you wish to bring your donation when the Op Shop is staffed.
- Do not donate anything you would not be prepared to buy, for example, broken or dirty goods. You would be surprised how many unsuitable donations must be thrown in the skip – at an expense to the church.
- The Op Shop cannot accept furniture, TVs, computers or mattresses.
- Only donate Christmas decorations in November, as the church does not have space to store these until the next year.
- While the Op Shop is grateful for all donations, please do not donate the day before a sale or during a sale.
- The Op Shop is not open to the public for shopping on sorting and pricing days.
Proceeds support St. John’s parish and a number of worthy charities.