Service Times & Archived Services
Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals
Op Shop – 30 January 2021
Make an Enquiry
The Churchwardens are delighted to be able to advise you that following an exhaustive (if interrupted) global search and the unanimous recommendation of the St. John’s Parish Nominators – the Archbishop has offered the position of Rector of St. John’s, Gordon to Fr. Robert Happer B.Th., GradDip., DipMin., and he has accepted.
Consistent with our Diocese, the Acting Rector and Churchwardens of St. John’s are holding in-person services at 8:00am on Sundays; reservations continue to be required and may be made through the Church Office. All attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times when they are in the church. The 9:30am service continues to be livestreamed over Facebook. The Orders of Service are available by clicking the links below.
Services for the Third Sunday after Epiphany on 24 January will be as follows:
- 8:00am will be an in-person service and will not be livestreamed.
- 9:30am will be livestreamed only.
Instructions on accessing the Facebook livestream (available 24/7 after the initial livestream), even if you do not have a Facebook account:
- Click http://www.facebook.com/stjohnsgordon to open St John’s Facebook page on your browser
- Scroll down to “Posts”
- If you are watching during the livestream, it should be the first posting. If you are watching later, you will need to scroll down through the posts until you see “St John the Evangelist was live” for the day’s service that you wish to view.
- While viewing services, Facebook may ask you to Create New Account; you can ignore this (you may need to click on the “Not Now” button)
- Click here to access archived Orders of Service documents
Mid-week Holy Communion services are not occurring.
written by our former Rector, Father Bill Weston
God our Father, send your Holy Spirit upon the people of this parish. Give us a greater love for all. Make us more compassionate for the sick, the lonely and all in need, more zealous in the inspiration of the young, more concerned about the wider mission of the Church and more generous in our giving of service and money. Help each one of us to know what we ought to do and give us strength and courage faithfully to do it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Click HERE St John COVID Safety Plan as of 11 January 2021, as required by, and registered with, the Gov’t of NSW
Please click below for the COVID-19 Update messages from the Churchwardens.