Service Times & Archived Services
Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals
Op Shop – Second and Last Saturday each Month
Make an Enquiry
St. John’s Anglican Church is holding in-person services, many of which are livestreamed over Facebook as well.
You no longer need to pre-register to attend services; however, NSW regulations require that you check in (using the QR Code if possible, or directly with a sidesperson) when you arrive.
Services for the Third Sunday after Easter, 25 April 2021, are as follows. The Act of Remembrance will be held immediately after both services.
- 8:00am Holy Communion, BCP, will be in-person only.
- 9:30am Holy Communion, will be both in-person and livestreamed.
- Act of Remembrance
Instructions on accessing the Facebook livestream (available 24/7 after the initial livestream), even if you do not have a Facebook account:
- Click http://www.facebook.com/stjohnsgordon to open St John’s Facebook page on your browser
- Scroll down to “Posts”
- If you are watching during the livestream, it should be the first posting. If you are watching later, you will need to scroll down through the posts until you see “St John the Evangelist was live” for the day’s service that you wish to view.
- While viewing services, Facebook may ask you to Create New Account; you can ignore this (you may need to click on the “Not Now” button)
- Click here to access archived Orders of Service documents
A mid-week Holy Communion service (Book of Common Prayer) is held on Thursdays at 10:00am. You do not need to pre-register to attend this service; NSW regulations do require that you check in when you arrive.
written by our former Rector, Father Bill Weston
God our Father, send your Holy Spirit upon the people of this parish. Give us a greater love for all. Make us more compassionate for the sick, the lonely and all in need, more zealous in the inspiration of the young, more concerned about the wider mission of the Church and more generous in our giving of service and money. Help each one of us to know what we ought to do and give us strength and courage faithfully to do it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Restoration of St John’s Steeple and Cross, 23 February 2021
Letters from the Rector
- Letter from the Rector, published 11 April 2021
- Letter from the Rector, published 24 March 2021
- Letter from the Rector, published 17 March 2021
Click HERE for St John’s COVID Safety Plan, updated 1 April 2021 as required by, and registered with, the Gov’t of NSW
St John’s is a COVID Safe entity.