Service Times & Archived Services
Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals
Op Shop – 21 Nov & 12 Dec
Make an Enquiry
Consistent with our Diocese, the Acting Rector and Churchwardens of St. John’s are holding limited in-person services at 8:00am on Sundays. Please contact the Church Office for more details. Please also note that you MUST make a reservation to attend a service in person and that all attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times when they are in the church.
Service livestreaming continues for Sunday services; the Orders of Service are available by clicking the link below.
Instructions on accessing the Facebook livestream (available 24/7 after the initial livestream), even if you do not have a Facebook account:
- Click http://www.facebook.com/stjohnsgordon to open St John’s Facebook page on your browser
- Scroll down to “Posts”
- If you are watching during the livestream, it should be the first posting. If you are watching later, you will need to scroll down through the posts until you see “St John the Evangelist was live” for the day’s service that you wish to view.
- While viewing services, Facebook may ask you to Create New Account; you can ignore this (you may need to click on the “Not Now” button)
- Click here to access archived Orders of Service documents
Mid-week Holy Communion services are not occurring.
Prayer at the Time of Choosing an Incumbent
Bountiful God, give to this parish a faithful pastor who will faithfully speak your word and minister your sacraments; an encourager who will equip your people for ministry and enable us to fulfil our calling. Give to those who will choose, wisdom, discernment and patience, and to us give warm and generous hearts, for the sake of your son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Nomination Process For The New Rector of St John’s, Gordon
With the elevation of Father Keith to be the fifth Bishop of The Murray in South Australia, the nomination process has commenced for the selection of the eleventh Rector of St John’s, Gordon. The process for selection is laid out by the Diocese and can be searched at https://www.sds.asn.au
Whilst the Nominators will keep the parish informed of progress in general terms, the nomination process is, of necessity, for the privacy of the candidates, confidential and they ask for your patience in the coming months. However they do welcome any suggested names of candidates provided to them in confidence by parishioners. Everyone is encouraged to make known such recommendations directly to the Parish Nominators, particularly in the early months of the process.
The Nominators and Wardens also ask that:
- We pray for our Interim Rector-in-Charge Father Ernest Chau and the Ministry team that will be continuing our Parish Mission and pastoral work that they will find strength and purpose in their work as we prepare for our next era;
- We give thanks to God for the ministry of Father Keith and his family over the last 14½ years and that their future episcopal role will be endowed with God’s grace and wisdom in their mission in the Diocese of The Murray; and
- We also pray that the Nominators will be blessed with God’s guidance, wisdom and perception and act with unified purpose in their search for our new Rector at St John’s.
Click HERE for St John’s COVID Safety Plan, as required by, and registered with, the Gov’t of NSW
The Op Shop will be OPEN for sales on 21 November and 12 December 2020 from 9:00 – 12:00!
Please click below for the COVID-19 Update messages from the Churchwardens. Note that we are not accepting Op Shop donations at this time.
written by our former Rector, Father Bill Weston
God our Father, send your Holy Spirit upon the people of this parish. Give us a greater love for all. Make us more compassionate for the sick, the lonely and all in need, more zealous in the inspiration of the young, more concerned about the wider mission of the Church and more generous in our giving of service and money. Help each one of us to know what we ought to do and give us strength and courage faithfully to do it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen